Monday, June 23, 2014

Yoga, Chia tea and Church




This has been the worst winter ever. I do not remember any winter this cold, snowy or long. Every time I need to go out of the house, I have a little talk with myself (sometime it becomes an argument). I frequently loss half of the argument (the half that wants to stay home and not subject myself to such torture) so I head out wrapped in at least five layers of clothing. In addition, I add a few scarves and a couple of pairs of mittens.

This last Sunday it was 15 below zero. However, I did my yoga, drank my tea and went to church. I needed to. I don’t know about you but I feel one inch shorter by the end of the week. All week long, life beats me down little by little and by Sunday, I am hunch over and walking wacky. To many long commute times, sitting in chairs not made for comfort and frequently under pressure to keep going when all I want to do is take a nap.

All week long when I did my extended puppy pose in my Yoga, I was rushed (not the reason to do yoga or the right mind to be in). I would feel a lot of tension in my back and neck. I did not take the time to really breath and relax into it. So this last Sunday morning while I was in the extended puppy pose, I BREATHED, RELAXED, RELEASTED and BREATHED into it. I let go, relaxed into it POP! A moment of panic came over me, as you know that may not have been a good thing. Then the tension in the middle of my back was gone. I stood up straight walked without pain and felt revitalized. In addition, I think I am now one inch taller.

Now I have pushed myself before in my Yoga practice and caused damage that I had to work around for many months. I have learned not to do that anymore. I just do what is comfortable with a little bit of a push. I try to apply this to my daily practice of life also. Seems to be working, not pushing the buttons unless needing to and then with just a little push.


Anyways I was running late for church, slippery roads! In addition, I was lolly gaging all morning in my warm cozy house. I thought to myself that it was going to be a little low in attendance today anyways. I even had that little argument with myself before heading out.

I arrived and surprisingly it was a full house. I had to park way in the back and there were many people scurrying to get into the church also. Here I was thinking this morning that it was too cold for any sane person to venture out, (nothing I can do about it) and so I might as well just go. I sure am glad I lost that little argument with myself.

I sat in the back because the church was full and seating was scarce. I guess everyone thought the same thing, might as well go. We are all in this same misery together. There, as I sat and listened to the music, and sang along (the best I could do) my spirit lifted.  In addition, as I listened to the sermon I reflected on how it pertained to me.  My soul soothed. I BREATHED, RELAXED, RELEASED and BREATHED into it. No there was not a pop. However, there is a feeling of growing a little.


Now you are probable wonder what is the significance of the chia tea. It just tastes good. I make it with One-cup milk heated up. Then steep you chia tea in the milk. Then add a little honey. Yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment